Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fredericksburg, Texas

June 3, 2014
Spring Branch RV Park
Spring Branch, Texas

Today we drove Dad to Fredericksburg, Texas to see the National Museum of the Pacific War.  He's legally blind and doesn't hear well but he could identify every airplane displayed.  Because he is a World War II veteran, he received a special name badge and a lifetime pass to the museum.  He was very excited about it, but at 94 I don't think he will be using the lifetime pass too many times in this lifetime.
Dad and I are standing in front of a replica of one of the bombs dropped on Japan at the end of the war.

Fredericksburg was settled by German immigrants and retains much of it's old world German style.  We ate lunch at a German restaurant to experience an authentic German meal.  Dave had three different kinds of sausage and sauerkraut.  Dad and I had chicken fried steak.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so neat that your Dad was able to name all the planes. I bet that was one of his best experiences ever. I like sausage but I would have had the chicken friend steak also.

    ReplyDelete