Monday, July 7, 2014

Zoom, Zoom

July 7, 2014  
Yates Family Camping
Harrisburg, North Carolina

Yesterday we drove to Charlotte, NC and it was probably a bad sign that Dave could see Charlotte Speedway from our campsite. 




Today we drove out in the boondocks to see some of the race shops.











 These are the trucks that transport the race cars and all the equipment to the races.
















I wish my house was as clean as this shop.




Monday is the slowest day of the week for the shop crew.






We headed back to Charlotte to see the NASCAR Hall of Fame.  This is a gorgeous building with many interactive exhibits.

We both tried the racing simulator.  I had a difficult time reaching the pedals and crashed into the wall on the pace lap.  Dave pushed the wrong button and never got out of his pit.  Since I at least made it to the track, I thought that meant that I won.  Dave disagreed and said I didn't finish so it didn't count.  Some people are sore losers.








Next we went to more race shops.






























Some cars looked better than others.


We had a fun day but I thought if Dave just wanted to look at a bunch of cars it would have been easier to drive around the beltway at rush hour or drive through the parking lot at the shopping center.



1 comment:

  1. You should go to the track and take their ride around tour. It was only $5 when we were there and they take you in a van. It really was fun. That's one of the tracks that Jim has driven in a race car. He had a great time in that area.

    ReplyDelete