Tuesday, September 29, 2015

We're Still Poor

September 29, 2015

Craters of Diamonds State Park
Murfreesboro, Arkansas

We were really looking forward to arriving here yesterday at the only diamond mine in the United States.  It is not only a goregous park with excellent RV facilities, but the diamond field is publicly assessible and you can keep whatever you find. 

I don't mean to underrate our prospecting skills, but let's just say the big ones are still there.

After an extensive mining expedition all we brought back to the camper was dirt.  I wish I had thought to bring some cubic zirconia and salt the fields.

Tomorrow we leave here and head for Texas.

2 comments:

  1. Almost a decade to the day of the week I spent there. Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost a decade to the day of the week I spent there. Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete