Monday, June 8, 2015

Laundrying Money .... Again

June 8, 2015
Elks Lodge # 1298
Visalia, California

It had been so cold and foggy along the coast that we decided to head inland today.  It was 57 when we left Oceano this morning.  Before we had driven a half hour the temperature was 92.  When we got to Visalia, CA in the early afternoon it was 100.  We decided to do the laundry while the RV was cooling down.

We were lucky to find a nice air conditioned laundry very close to where we are staying.  Our luck ended there.  I accidentally put a roll of quarters in the washer along with the clothes.  After the money came out of the roll it created quite a racket.  We rushed over to the machine to find the quarters settled in the rubber seal and water and suds pouring out of the front of the washer.  Dave didn't let me forget that I was the one who had accidentally put the quarters in to be cleaned.  His attitude changed quickly when I got all the clothes out of the machine.  In the bottom was a camera battery he had forgotten to take out of his pants pocket.  They say memory is the first thing to go.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to decide if I want a washer/dryer or not. I didn't put anything in that closet to see if I'd miss the space this summer. It just seems simpler to do the laundry every two weeks all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - we do the same thing. I even washed Jim's cell phone one time. Not a good thing. I don't want a washer/dryer in my rig - I prefer just to get it all over with at once at the laundromat.

    ReplyDelete