Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Rain, Rain, and More Rain

May 17, 2016

River View RV Park
Vadalia, Louisiana

Today we woke up to rain and it rained all day while we were driving.  I'm beginning to entertain the idea of adding pontoons to the RV.



When we drove into this RV park, the first rig we saw was this rather unusual rig. Evidently the water must get pretty high in this park and the owners wanted to be prepared.

The park is right on the banks of the Mississippi River directly across from Natchez, Mississippi.




 
For a short while I think I saw the sun.  It has been so long, I'm not sure I remember what it looks like. I wanted to get a video of the sun, but it didn't stay out long enough.






Between showers, we toured Natchez, Mississippi.  This is Natchez Down Under, the part of the city built under the bluffs, close to the level of the river. 







I imagine during the summer tourist season there is a lot going on in this area, but this early in the season, not much was open.

2 comments:

  1. We actually had rain here last night but we get excited about it. I'm sure glad that the rain doesn't stop RVers from checking things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually had rain here last night but we get excited about it. I'm sure glad that the rain doesn't stop RVers from checking things out.

    ReplyDelete