Friday, July 19, 2013

Devil's Tower



Next on our agenda was a stop at Devil's Tower.  It's a strange site out in the middle of nowhere.  Every time I looked at it, I heard the theme from Close Encounters of the Third Kind in my head.  Our campsite was very close and many scenes from the movie were filmed here.  The campground played the movie every night for any interested campers.










As we were walking along the trail which surrounds the bottom of the monument, a couple asked me to take their photo with Devil's Tower in the background.  They had a very heavy and complicated camera.  I kept backing up to get all of the monument.  It's a good thing I finally figured out the zoom before I backed over the edge.













This was the only form of wildlife we saw at this stop.













It is a weird place, but luckily we didn't encounter any aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment