Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Baseballs and Bottle Caps

Susquehanna Trail Campground
Oeonota, New York

We drove into Cooperstown for a little sightseeing today.
I'm not a big baseball fan, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the Baseball Hall of Fame and I thought it was much better than the Football Hall of Fame. I just hope we have run out of different sports for awhile.




I'm sure this cow in a baseball uniform must have played an important part in the history of the sport, but I never did figure it out.















  
This picturesque town is located in a beautiful spot right on a lake.  It has a charming downtown with lots of shops and restaurants lining Main Street.














The sign said "Please do not throw stones".   I looked all around but didn't see anyone living in a glass house.








While we were in the Cooperstown Bat
Company store we found out that they also give tours at their factory location. 








Never ones to pass up a free tour, we drove the 10 miles to the factory.  I think I was expecting something a little bigger.











Isn't this a great  American flag made out of bats?
















This is one of our neighbors at the campground. 












 Among other unusual touches, his truck is completely covered in bottle caps.  We were disappointed that no one was home when we walked by.  There has to be a story behind this creation.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely an interesting camper. I'm hoping you find out more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely an interesting camper. I'm hoping you find out more about it.

    ReplyDelete