Sunday, June 19, 2016

Beer and Night Shows

June 19, 2016

Pine Hill RV Park
Kutztown, Pennsylvania

After spending a few days in the Lancaster area visiting friends and sightseeing at Valley Forge, we moved north to Kutztown, PA.  We had forgotten how narrow some of the roads are in this part of the country, so driving with an RV can be rather adventurous.

 We couldn't be in this area without going to the Yuengling Brewery.  This facility is located in the downtown area of Pottsville with very hilly and narrow streets.

After finding a parking place at the bottom of  a large hill, we made the walk up to the brewery.  We got there about five minutes before the last tour started.  I had worn my sandals like I usually do and remembered closed toe shoes are required.  There was no way I could have made my way back to the truck and climbed that hill a second time in five minutes, so I elected to rent the required footwear.   Obviously, one size does not fit all.  These shoes were so large, my toes only came up to the laces with most of the shoe extending past my toes.  I kept thinking "clown shoes" while reminding myself how much safer I was in proper footwear.


 I think the liability department of this company must have nightmares about these tours because visitors are taken into the original part of the brewery which was not changed for tours.  Beer was originally fermented in tunnels hand dug by area coal miners.  Uneven wet floors and dark walls enhance the surroundings.  With much effort I made it safely down the path in my "clown shoes". 




Another stop we made was the original Roadside America.
It was very interesting, but I won't say more because I don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen this wonderful attraction.  Hint - don't leave without experiencing the "Night Show".



2 comments:

  1. We're on our way to see that before the 4th. Was there RV parking there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roadside America has a parking lot large enough for RVs. Parking is mostly on a narrow street at Yuengling.

      Delete